rainy day schedule

I don't know about you guys, but for the last couple of weeks, it's been raining, gloomy and cold here in Houston.  With only a few days left to shop for Christmas, it's important for me, to be comfortable (that actually is a given, I don't do uncomfortable, for cuteness sake) and nothing too bulky because I have to be able to jump in and out of the car. So, leggings and rain boots do the job perfectly and the messenger bag keeps my hands free.




Denim Jacket: Old Navy

Leggings: ASOS Curve

Rain boots: Boutique in N.O.

Leather Messenger Bag: Uncle Funky's Daughter, over 5 years ago



































Introducing...


















This Week's Lagniappe: 

Ms. Desiree D. Washington, Artist

And today's her birthday!


This week's Lagniappe is a little different than usual, but hopefully I'll be able to do more of these features in the future.  So, let me give a little back story on Desiree.  Desiree and I work together and someone at work had commissioned her to do a painting and she brought the painting to work to give to her client.  The painting was a scene of the world famous French Quarter and knowing I was from N.O. she dropped by the office to let me see her work. And my first comment to her was..."Girl, why are you working here?"  She is a talented youngin, born in New Orleans, which I didn't know until I "interviewed" her, and she honestly, no BS, is one of the sweetest people I've met in a long time.  Get this, she's only been painting a year!  She started sketching at the age of 13, because of her own stature, wanted to be a plus size designer; girl after my own heart.  And she's not going to let her current location limit her vision; she sees herself as a world famous painter in 10 years, tops, I heard that!

Desiree painted my shirt.




0 Responses