auld lang syne

Happy New Year & Happy Friday, Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great new year and partied safely.  I, on the other hand, barely saw the ball drop.  I could not keep my eyes open.  I planned to watch movies and have a drink or three, didn't happen.  I did eventually wake up in time to see the new year roll in, but that was the most excitement my night saw.  I'm not much of a resolution person, but I did say, this year I would commit myself to one event a month.  I'm presented with a lot of opportunities, as a blogger, that I can either not go to because of work or too tired to go to after work.  So, we'll see how that works out.

A few weeks back, I went to the Houston Fashion Bloggers Annual Holiday Party and this is the outfit I wore, with a few differences.  While I didn't win best dressed, I think I looked kinda cute.  I've been wanting to do an updated "classic", white blouse and black pants; I just wanted to show it can be done without being too starchy.







Blouse with Front detail: Zara
(sorry, I don't see it anymore)
Super cute key-hole back too!

Jet Pocket Pant: ASOS Curve

























A-Line Trench: Gap (last season)
Leopard Clutch: The Providence Story on Etsy


This Week's Lagniappe: 

Schutz Studded Peep-Toe

This week I'm doing a product comparison.  I've been wanting some spikes ever since Sam Edelman came out with "Lorissa", but the shoe was so popular, I could never find my size.  Then Schutz came out with a studded caged toe and they came in navy, so you know I was sold, but when I was ready to buy, I couldn't remember who made the shoe (one of the few times, I didn't write it down).  So, when I came across these cuties at Nordstrom Rack, I jumped on them.  But, after buying mine, I came across a similar pair that was of course cheaper.  I'll leave it to you guys to decide which is a better buy, but I do love mine.





Schutz Studded heels: Nordstom Rack
Neiman Marcus has a better deal on them here: Last Call
















Studded Peep-Toe: Torrid















Buy Items here:

0 Responses