shift into summer!



It's the first day of summer, my first post to my blog ever and 
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
What a way to celebrate, but by stepping out on faith and trying something new!

I carry a composition notebook in my purse and I use to jot down ideas, names of shoes I want and pics of looks I like, so I wanted my blog to appear to be a page out of my book.  So, here it is my inaugural post, YEAH!!!!

It's officially summer, but I live in the south, so it really never stops being hot.  I love a cute dress on a hot day.  I chose a classic shift with an updated animal print.
























Dress: ASOS CURVE Shift Dress in navy and green or black and white.



Shoes: ASOS High Voltage









Watch: Michael Kors Bradshaw, last year's Birthday Gift

"Hope" Bracelet & Tassel Necklace: Nordstrom

Hinge Leopard Head ring: Francesca's Collection










This Week's Lagniappe: My Headband

Pronounced \lan-yap\: a gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of purchase; commonly referred to in New Orleans as a little something extra.  

I used the play on words, of course, for the name of the blog, but I will also feature some Lagniappe in my post, whether it's a how-to, a new brunch spot, or if I just want to share a good find.

My Headband
It's actually a belt, yes a belt!  I've been blessed with what I lovingly refer to as a "Davis Head". We all have it, ha ha!!!  For me, it usually means I get limited usage out of a traditional headband before the elastic is all stretched out.  Then, I'm mad because I probably spent good money on a nice leather headband.  A quick trip to Target sparked a life changing event (I know, I'm a little dramatic, but I'm serious).  

Just find a belt you fancy and snip the end to fit your noggin.  It's that simple!


I wear the buckle as a kind of peek-a-boo surprise in the back, but for you ladies who have short hair, I think the buckle would look great worn in the front.


See you next time,
Danni ;-)



Photographer Du Jour: LaCoste Photography
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Danni! I love the dress, those shoes are beautiful, I need that necklace and headband (the Williams head is a challenge too) but the best part of this post is you!!!! So proud of you. I have always admired your creativity, style and grace. I know that this is only the beginning of greater things to come. I wish that we still lived on the same block so that you could style me. Keep up the awesome work and hurry up with the next post.

    Happy birthday! Dev and I love and miss you like crazy. Hope to see you soon!